Taiwan 2!
Off to Taicheung via UBER-high speed train. This thing was fast and it went fast longer than any other high speed train I have ever been on i.e. Shinkanse, Thalys, etc. as there weren't that many stops along the way. It was surreal to feel like you are flying but yet so close to the ground. Zoom, I was there.
The visit went well. Off to lunch :)
So I asked the dealers (Sherry and Alex) to take us to a cool lunch place for good local fare. Sure enough once I saw they served frogs legs that this was the place. Want some? Taste like chicken.
What I truly enjoy about eating the Asian way is that there is always a plethora of choices and not necessarily a deluge of quantity per dish. You got a chance to taste various things which made every bite an event to orchestrate. Needless to say I was brilliant with my symphony.
On the drive back to Taipei, Sherry had to stop for some special boba tea for me aka "stocking" tea in the Taicheung sized cup (apparently they were the only ones who believed in supersizing). It got its moniker because of the way the tea was strained to prepare it. Yup, they used stockings as the tea powder is so fine. Taste? It was delish.
Taipei bound, we must have dinner. Sherry arranged an impeccable dinner at the best Taiwanese restaurant. We met up with some old cronies from the National Dance Theatre troupe...
It was fun catching up with the gang and getting the 411 on how their tours and schedulings have been. They are rated the #2 dance company in Taiwan, second only to the famous Cloud Gate company. But as a traditional dance company (Cloud Gate is more modern), they are faring very well.
So how was the food? Impeccable indeed. Sophisticated and uncomplicated flavors and served first class. I would highly recommend (especially on a company expense) :)

» Post a Comment