<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Another week in May gone by...

So let us recap, shall we? Friday was walk-home day. I met up with Beb downtown and we traipsed through the city, doing a little shopping, and stopping by North Beach for a spell.


Then the weekend was off to SC! We met up with Nora, Fr. Dennis, Ann, Sr. Joanne at the Villa Maria del Mar. They were taking part in a weekend retreat for the Marist Laity. It felt so nostalgic to see our dear chapel once again where we were married 7 years ago. Only person missing from the wedding party was Scotty.
The Chapel
The beach

We stayed at Julie and Albert's and got a chance to catch up with their track-and-field star, Natalie! My she has grown.
I made them lunch--lentils with kale and lime-miso chicken. Even Natalie was trying it out! She has good taste ;)
Some beautiful proteas I got from the Farmer's Market.
I did get the days to myself when Nora and Beb were at their retreat so I had to come visit my dear friend at Rivendell--a tiny curio shop tucked in Squid Row.


She has so many beautiful ethnic pieces of wear and ware. I spent lots of time here browsing and chatting with Pat and learning all the stories of each piece in her shop. If you ever get the chance, wish upon a star that if you are in SC, that Rivendell is still around.

Then it was of to Notre Dame des Victoires in SF to celebrate Mass. All the folks from the retreat were going to be there. It is going to be Fr. Dennis new home (church and the school) after 2 long years as Provincial for his Order. Gorgeous church and amazing choir--just by the main gate to Chinatown on Bush.


Next door was the French consulate office and the German cultural center....
Then Chinatown! I love this city.
Next day was Memorial Day. So off to do some trekking and photo-taking!
Not far from the Skywalker facilities...

Are we in Rome?

Nope, still in SF. Later that evening was dinner at Mandalay and a movie (The Incredibles). Then it was off to SoCal for Nora this morning (left the house at 430 am!). I have a day of work then it is on the road again. Guess to where?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Looks like you guys had a nice weekend. Sorry I couldn't be there for the wedding-party reunion!    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly