<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Off to Minneapolis for work

Yes, contrary to what this blog may lead you to believe. I DO WORK! It was a very important conference for me in town as it was to support our collaborator for newborn screening who is a very prominent scientist whose lab screens over 350,000 babies a year for over 40 metabolic disorders. I felt quite proud to see him present and to see the fruit of our darn labor.



Who turned on the heat? It felt like in the 80s to 90s! Minneapolis was a pleasant surprise for me. I was not expecting much out of downtown but it was pretty decent with al fresco restaurants and good shopping. I was impressed by their Macy's which was unlike our Macy's as theirs carried all the top men's designer brands plus had a barber shop/billiard hangout in the store!

Oh hail Minnesota! I got lots and lots of pics of one of my favorite subjects--manholes!
All about Minnesota...
Apples
Northern Pike
Timberwolf
Corn
Loon
Wild Rice
I did not see all of them but I liked all that I saw.
So did Mary!
Dinner!


Hallie (Beb's sister) and I met up one night and had a great dinner at Zelo's downtown. It was packed with diners for the evening and it was quite noisy. Nonetheless, we feasted on ahi tuna, mushroom bruschetta with brie, walleye (I think or some fish), risotto (I could have done better ;) ), and tiramisu and budoni (dark chocolate cake with ice cream). Followed it up with some alcohol and we were set! It was wonderful to spend some time with her which I do not get to do. I enjoyed every moment. Thanks Hallie!
I also took a hip-hop class off of a studio on Hennepin Ave called Zenon. Class was OK. I ended up feeling like Britney spears with all the hip gyration. I serendipitously caught a glimpse of a familiar name on their bulletin board--Rosy Simas. Who is that you may ask? Well, Beb used to dance with a group in SC called "Moving Ground" and guess who their director was? Bingo. Rosy. Small world, eh?

View of Nicollet Avenue at night. I was also able to meet up with Beb's Mom for some AMAZING thai food at A Taste of Thailand. I would definitely recommend them again! The food was delish. What did we have? Stuffed chicken, chicken wings, larb (yum), curry, rice....etc...divine!
That is a skyway. They have an intricate network of these things all throughout downtown. You can literally encircle all of downtown without leaving the warm and protected confines of a building. Built tough for those inclement winters.
View from my suite. It rained and thundered but it was all good. I am ready to see my hunny. It was fun but I need to get back home as I have only seen Beb for 24 hours in the past three weeks. Bye Twin Cities!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, MN sure has fancy manholes! Uh...covers, I mean!! :-) -Scott    



At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I finally made the Blog!!! It was an enjoyable time with you too, Jun Jun.    



At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! I finally made the Blog!!! It was an enjoyable time with you too, Jun Jun.

Hallie    



At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops. I forgot to sign my name & hit send anyway. Sorry.    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly