Taiwan 3!
Having a free day in Taipei, I visited a temple that the dealers would go to pray for successful business ventures. Figured it would not hurt, I would give it a try. The temple was interesting from the outside with the papier mache lanterns and figurines as well as an electronic sign. Inside however it was different. I felt that indeed I was in a sacred space.
Video below ;)


Video below ;)
It was beautiful to see so many of the devout chanting and praying amidst the thick clouds of incense and burning candles. It was humbling and actually awkward to be carrying around a camera and taking shots at such a place. I tried my best to be discreet and quick so I could capture the moments and slip out quietly.
Dinner was with my ballet instructor at LINES studio in SF, Lee Wei!
He is an awesome guy and absolutely fantastic instructor (you should see the size of his classes which have become immensely popular; he was voted Taiwan's best male dancer one year and has been dancing/choroeographing with renowned US ballet companies before landing in SF). Somehow he was in Taipei to recharge his batteries artistically and to see his family and fortunately we had free nights to meet for dinner and dessert. Lee Wei was supposed to join us for dinner at Tien Hsiang Lo with the other dancers but could not make it.
Nonentheless, I was ready to take on Taipei from a native! So we met up near my hotel and walked around town and ducked into a shop we both have not been in yet and ordered away.
Naturally we had a few choices but the stinky tofu deep fried were yummy yummy.
Dinner was with my ballet instructor at LINES studio in SF, Lee Wei!
He is an awesome guy and absolutely fantastic instructor (you should see the size of his classes which have become immensely popular; he was voted Taiwan's best male dancer one year and has been dancing/choroeographing with renowned US ballet companies before landing in SF). Somehow he was in Taipei to recharge his batteries artistically and to see his family and fortunately we had free nights to meet for dinner and dessert. Lee Wei was supposed to join us for dinner at Tien Hsiang Lo with the other dancers but could not make it.
Nonentheless, I was ready to take on Taipei from a native! So we met up near my hotel and walked around town and ducked into a shop we both have not been in yet and ordered away.
Naturally we had a few choices but the stinky tofu deep fried were yummy yummy.
We chatted for hours and walked to a small shop that served shaved ice desserts with sweetened beans and such. Delish. It was fantastic to spend time with someone I truly admire, who has helped my ballet improve significantly, and who, as I personally confirmed, is one incredibly amazing man.

Yippie! Loads of new pics and some vids. Hey, let me forewarn you...when you get to Denmark, make sure your camera doesn't get stolen!! :-)
» Post a Comment