<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Hello Sydney! May 26th

So after 14 hours of flight time (and almost missing my flight since I failed to read military time) I safely arrived at Sydney! I left SFO at 10:30 pm Wed and arrived at 6:00 am Friday. What happened to Thursday? After the murderous two hours in immigration as all the airplanes come in (since that is the time that the airport opens), I headed on out to the subway train and into town. I did not know what to expect really and so instead of jetlag, I was quite excited to be in such a place I normally would not even consider visiting (except of course for New Zealand nearby). Off the get-go, Sydney is a very kewl place and is very very much like San Francisco (sister city) mashed with Seattle and sprinkled with tropical trees. There is a bridge--Harbor Bridge or the "Coat Hanger" (versus GG bridge), a building of some fame-- the Sydney Opera House (versus the Transamerica Pyramid), a bay, and a fort in the middle of the bay. I adjusted very quickly to Sydney and felt very much at home. Aussies are very sweet. So checked in quickly at the Sheraton and off to a customer site, the Horse Racing Club! At least I got to enjoy the rest of the evening....


Darling Harbour at night, my hotel is a block away...

Queen Victoria Building: an amazing shopping mall


The Coat Hanger!
The Star Wars ship from the desert planet :)

Ah, Chinatown! I had a few hours to kill before my next flight (I only stayed overnight at Sydney). So I went to this Chinatown not far from the hotel. There was a huge indoor flea market where I got some boba (passionfruit!) and chicken satay. If you know me, this should be of no surprise (moi + food + new location = somewhere enjoying life).

Gotz to have boba! Oh, I might as well mention it here as I got this Boba in an asian shopping mall attached to the flea market. Being in four countries in less than 3 weeks, you get to see a few things. One of them is the ubiquitous Chinese. I have heard Chinese folks speak German, French, Swiss, and Australian! Freakazoidish but kewl. I always know I will always eat well and cheap!

Still not full, I went into a crowded shop filled with breakfast folks tucking into some filling asian fare. I chose this delish fish porridge with this interesting deep-fried starch stick wrapped in a crepe of egg. Yummy!




« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly