Salzburt part two....
This is my foodie post. What better way to understand the culture than through their stomachs?




Since I did not partake of ice cream in Slovenia, better get started in Austria.





...gotz to have gummi bears...

Thank goodness, the room service was sooooo much better here...

Ah yes, the morning market...this stall had all of these amazing baked goods...I had to take a picture as there were SWARMS of honeybees in heavenly bliss amidst all the sugar...

Since I did not partake of ice cream in Slovenia, better get started in Austria.
Pic was taken at the center of the World Heritage Site--old town Salzburg--this is the Getreidstrasse (methinks) filled with all the boutiques for clothes and food tucked into these beautiful buildings. They even sell those "trachts" or Austrian clothing around here--and many were wearing them in the heat! Another cone for me please!

..now something to wet the whistle...
fascinating flavours to pick from...
fascinating flavours to pick from...

How about a simple sandwich from the deli?


...got to love it...


» Post a Comment