<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Sayo-NARA......

Well, I leave Japan today. I take the train to Kansai International Airport (KIX!) and hop on my long haul to San Francisco. But before I do, I have the morning to explore and lunch to feast upon...


Today I wanted to walk to the Kasuga Taisha shrine which is a world heritage site not far from the deer park and hotel. Speaking of feasting and deer, here was a dude who was assigned to feed the deer their daily pellets.

The gate to the shrine,
what immediately gets to you is the sheer number of all the stone lanterns or "ishidoros" which i imagine were in the hundreds...


Absolutely spellbinding place!
I was thrilled to have made the trip as I again, almost did not.
You just never know what you will get to experience unless you try.
There was a main temple manned by temple maidens wearing traditional garbs of a white gi top and red hakama pants. Their hair was long and straight and decorated simply with silver ribbons and flowers. They take care of the temple and sell the charms and souvenirs for the shrine visitors. Kasuga Taisha is enormous with lots of shrines all over the mountain and I only covered a small part. I shall return....

But there is something I have been itching to do with the 100 yen burning in my pocket...


Feeding the deer was lots of fun,
actually one deer had me trained by nudging its head onto my thigh --
to ask for another cookie! I tried not to think of them as flea/tick infested rodents or even prime venison but as cute Bambis romping freely in the verdant fields, enjoying the carefree life of the hallowed town mascot. It was definitely a joy and memory to remember.

So back to the mall to pick up another bento box and ate it al fresco by the local green pond filled with turtles and carp.

Then I was off to KIX which was situated in an island off the bay.

Alright, one last hurrah of someting Japanese--sesame ice cream!


It has been a long four weeks of traveling--from Slovenia, to Austria, to Japan. I am ready to go home and see my wife. Despite all the amazing places I have been, there is simply no place like home. My home is where Beb is and I am glad to be getting on that plane to traverse the long journey to see my wife's bright smile and warm embrace. I am coming home!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly