Last day Taipei
Ugh, why does this island have to have a tropical climate? I am freaking melting and steaming at the same time. I feel like dim sum in a bamboo basket.
A cool bonsai on the street filled with tiny shops with amazing selections of wear....I got Beb some nice stuff around here ;) It was walkable from the hotel.

Lunch at the Tea Dynasty with my prerequisite noodles, other savories, and sweet tofu with red bean. Oh heaven. I am so happy that I am being chaperoned to these amazing places to eat at. I will cherish these moments until....


So the gals took me to a cool restaurant that served Xinjiang food--a type of shish-kebab place. Talk about fusion food? Try chinese and the region of the 'stans (Afghani, Pakistani, Kazahk, etc). Delish meats you grill while you sat uncomfortably on beams over hardwood. I ended up with one numb leg for the rest of the night. But the gastronomic punch was not in the meat but in the seasonings they put in shakers for you to sprinkle while the meats are grilling. They have the standard salt and pepper and then this red chili spice and then finally their special blend of what seems like paprika, maybe sumac, cumin, and others I could not distinguish. Got to get back here! But alas...
Off to Tokyo!



» Post a Comment