Brainerd: Day 4...guess what else we got to do?
Oh yes, Fredrik and I also took the van out for a spin to town. I dropped my trusty old digital camera and busted it. Alas! So I was determined to find a new camera and bring along my trusty sidekick. It was fun playing around with the locals in french :)
We were in one electronic shop and the cashier asked where we were from. I said I was from Cali and Fredrik was in from Paris. He said, "Paris? That is cool!"
Fredrik replied with eager eyes, "Do you speak French?"
Cashier said no but that he spoke Japanese.
I spoke up & said, "Nihongo o hanashimasu ka?" (Basic japanese for "Do you speak Japanese?")
Cashier replied dumbfounded, "Uh, I don't know that much..."
Smiling, we bought our new camera, bid the cashier adieu and we sped out of the store giggling...
Actually, we laughed our way home.
Meanwhile back at the lake, card games were afoot!
Fredrik with his cards for our game. The family was treading into serious card-game-playing-mode. Serious pennies were at stake!



» Post a Comment