Day 5 at Brainerd: Boating and Fishing...what else?
Waking up all nice and refreshed, we ate a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, sausages, and eggs. Thanks Grandma and G-Grandma! Before I knew it, Fredrik was out on the dock checking inside the live well to see if all of the fish he caught survived the night.
For some of the fish, they earn a one-way ticket to freedom by being too small. The others? They have a meeting with the master fillet man, G-Grandpa.
Fredrik communing with his fishies.
He is the "Fish-Whisperer" --the one who talks to fish.
...and kisses them! Ewww!
Nice!
G-Grandpa showing Fredrik how filleting a fish is done. He is the pro.
Wouldn't you believe that Fredrik will catch his largest fish during all of this? Sorry Grandpa, one more for your knife.As the weather seemed to be holding up, we decided to bundle up and load up the boat for some touring around the lakes and getting some extra fishing for the day. Caveat? We want BIG fish.
I love this picture!
Smile!
Off we go through the channels...
Hey! That is a Norwegian flag!
Come on, Big Fish!
This was one of the lakes we tried fishing at. No big fish unfortunately, but it was still lots of fun catching all the rest and flinging them high overboard.
Mmmm, worms are tasty!
"I'm flying Jack!" (re-enacting the scene from "Titanic") Cold and tired, we got inside to warm up...
No sooner that I found my spot on the recliner, guess who decided to snuggle up?
En garde! Grandpa vs. Fredrik!
Fredrik not happy losing...
Hmm, Grandpa, not happy losing..
BTW, that drink in the foreground was MY Diet Dr. Pepper which Fredrik conveniently drank most of! I think he really likes it (as well as Grandma's killer caramels he devours whole)!
...Grandpa is losing big-time...
We feasted on the basics of hamburger, bratwursts, chicken salad, and fresh corn-on-the-cob.
Did we forget dessert? Nope.
Behold my latest study for popsicle-eating as I got acquainted with my new camera.
MMM, this is very good...
My tongue is stuck!Saying our fond farewells and thanks to G-Grandpa and G-Grandma, we loaded up the van and headed on home. It was a bit of a drive so Fredrik and I amused ourselves with a few games.
Fredrik pondering his next guess of "Do You See What I See?" We whiled the time playing that, "Zero, Zero, Muffin" (which made no sense whatsover to me), hand-slapping, and an insane crash course in French. Fredrik was teaching me and Beb. He was INSISTENT that we read his textbook and recite the paragraphs while under his tight supervision for pronunciation and cadence. Needless to say, we got him laughing constantly. But! My french pronunciation at least was slightly better than Beb's :)
The rest of the fam rounded up the night with a board game while I typed away on my blog. In fact, Blogger has been giving me issues all evening as this is my THIRD attempt in making this entry. I hope you all enjoy it! Videos on next post as soon as they are uploaded!We leave for CA tomorrow evening so we are planning to have a jam-packed and fun day. Methinks we are off to the Zoo...











» Post a Comment