<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Another performance done....


It was such a beautiful day that even
the oranges in the yard were glowing.


Rosanna and I at the pre-performance dinner at Abalonetti's
at the Monterey Wharf (with Jess, Mom, Birgit and Stephen)
I took the risk of ordering the calamari. It was yummy good!


Ryan with a little cioppino...


Folklorico dancers from the Alisal Center of the Arts
who performed with us



Brendan and I in "Common Ground" .
Note that I actually jumped off of his thigh!

Ah, another performance done and away with (for now). My heartfelt thanks to all the family of friends who came (Joe, Amanda, Angel, Evelyn, Rosanna, Ryan, Marina, and all their cronies who came to support me. Thanks!!!). Jess' mom flew in from Minnesota to see! It was by far the most challenging dance project I have ever been involved in. But boy, it was sure fun.

I say about 200 people came to see us perform Spector Dance's latest project entitled "Common Ground". We got a lot of good press going into this weekend making the performance quite a success. We even made it into the cover of one local paper. Check out the press at:

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/theaters/

http://www.californianonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060221/NEWS01/602210333&SearchID=73236864326780

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/entertainment/magazine/13940806.htm

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/business/13950468.htm

http://www.carmel.com/pjb-cgi/carmel.cgi?op=event&num=497924

Needless to say it was a success. So where do we go from here? We have 4 satellite performances in the next two months, then who knows? The public loved the project so it will be interesting to see how much they want to see it come back. We'll see. Oh, I will post some of the professional shots by Bill Roden (same guy who took the above shot) when I get them. They are amazing.

Until then, I am eyeing another performance for the Monterey Peninsula College Spring show with fellow Common Ground dancers, Kerstin and Brendan. I will keep you guys posted! So back into the studio I go.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly