Motion Pacific.....A Fond Adieu...
With a heavy sigh, we settled to the news that our beloved dance studio is moving on. I owe a lot to this place who first welcomed me and Beb six years ago. We are a part of it--just like family. Through the studio, we became artists who became part of the community.I very much remember my very first phone call to the studio in 2000 asking about the classes and Rebecca (co-director) answered the phone and said brightly, "You have come to the best! We will see you later!" Needless to say, we have been with them ever since.
We are eternally grateful for this place. I can never say thank you enough for the most awesome dance instructors in this studio who have been patient, kind, and inspirational. I personally can say that they have molded me to the dancer that I am today.
I started late in dance but it did not matter to them. I played around with hip hop first, then jazz funk, then took the leap to jazz (to challenge myself) and finally plunged myself (and my martial artist pride) into ballet (to TRULY challenge myself). I think I spent the most of my dance training solely in ballet, about three or four years (and still struggling with my petit allegros).
So the picture in the advertisement was quite an honor as I posed with Lex. The picture is quite beautiful and I actually had to admit that I did "look" like a dancer (have to thank Molly, studio co-director, for the gorgeous shot). Lex and I, in my opinion, are fitting models for this ad, as we both grew as dancers at Motion Pacific. We can proudly say that we are products of this amazing school and we proudly show it.
So who knows who will take over the studio, but I hope it remains a nurturing place that is full of life and light and remains an integral part of the artistic community of SC. We will see what the future brings...

» Post a Comment