Catching up one more time....
So before I can even start on our Holiday vacation, I must at least catch up yet again to the last few weeks :)
This was one of those beautiful warm November days where we decided to go for a good hike to North Beach and to meet up with our friend Cindy.

This was one of those beautiful warm November days where we decided to go for a good hike to North Beach and to meet up with our friend Cindy.
Awesome thai lunch at Osha. The place is always packed so we took advantage of an early supper/late lunch to check out what the hoopla was all about. It was delish.
Claire and Brendan -- two dancers from the studio. This was post-ballet at a hamburger joint in Hayes Valley. Got to eat.
One evening we had Birgit and Marcy (with friend) over for some yummy dinner (I can't remember now what I cooked!) But they all ate it up :)
Just Beb downtown...
The weekend was something to prepare for...
The weekend was something to prepare for...
...as it was Cindy's babyshower party!
We were so happy to be a part of it. Beb baked up an incredible chocolate orange cake along with delish biscottis (she made some delish citrus blue lake beans too) while I made some chicken sausage stuffed mushrooms, brought some vietnamese spring rolls, to add to the tons of food that Cindy's mom lovingly prepared. We got our bases covered and knew that folks will definitely not go home unsatiated! Oh, for decor, I did the flowers :)
Yellow mums en masse and green callas in single stems -- I was so proud of myself.
We were so happy to be a part of it. Beb baked up an incredible chocolate orange cake along with delish biscottis (she made some delish citrus blue lake beans too) while I made some chicken sausage stuffed mushrooms, brought some vietnamese spring rolls, to add to the tons of food that Cindy's mom lovingly prepared. We got our bases covered and knew that folks will definitely not go home unsatiated! Oh, for decor, I did the flowers :)
Yellow mums en masse and green callas in single stems -- I was so proud of myself.
I helped Cindy's Mom in the kitchen with her brand new stove she was having issues with. It was a great stove and cooked the skewers perfectly! Looks like Cindy was very happy with the spread!
The house was packed with everybody enjoying the food and each other.
Cindy's sister, Sevia
Cindy was so happy and joyous to see everybody who loved her deeply surrounding her and having a fantastic time. We were honored to be part of it.
Yeah, yeah, I know what you all are thinking. When will it be our turn?
Not for a while as we had Napa with the R&R!
Cindy was so happy and joyous to see everybody who loved her deeply surrounding her and having a fantastic time. We were honored to be part of it.
Yeah, yeah, I know what you all are thinking. When will it be our turn?
Not for a while as we had Napa with the R&R!
A little bit of bubbly to celebrate Ro's bday and a flight of reds for the boys to taste. This was our first stop -- the Gloria Ferrer wine caves. Unfortunately we could not do the tour so we hunkered down for some wine.
I was learning and Ry is a patient and gracious instructor.
I can now tell if the wine is vegetal, "big", or YOWZAH!
We then headed to this little shack that came recommended from the vineyard as a great place for sandwiches and jerky. Moo!
We ate our sandwiches and then headed to winery #2 -- a german one.
Then off to winery #3, a mexican one! This was a nice tasting room as it was decked out in all the mexicana accoutrements amidst the wine kegs.
We could not really do another winery so we headed out to Sonoma for a little shopping and then desserts at The Girl and The Fig. MMM.
We then went to the East bay to meet up with my folks to drop off all our Xmas gifts (we already sent most by mail) to finish out our Xmas to-do list. We took my folks out for a indian dinner.
It was a pleasant surprise! They had paneer tandoori which is basically cheese put on a skewer and grilled! Yummy!

» Post a Comment