<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Schweiz Surprise!!!

Hey Bastian! Give me back my camera! Via zait me "I am screwed" uf Schweizerdeustch (if I don't have a working camera)? I do need it back and need to check if the batteries are fine and if I have enough memory to capture the magic. He will be in any minute now....

Fortunately, his father, JC, has him trained in the fine art of photography since he was a zygote ;) I mean, check out his still life rendition: still tulips and live half-face :)
Bastian was faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too excited but the anticpation was mounting.
He is coming through those doors any minute now...




in



5


4




3





2






1




SURPRISE!!!


TADA! Behold Bastian's new playmate!

Cute expression :) So who surprised who?




Let us check that out in instant replay...

Ticket for Euro tour for work:

$3000

.....


Three-night stay in Zurich in a seedy district:

$400


...

Brand new crappy camera after losing cool camera to a pickpocket in Copenhagen:

$200

..

The face of a dear dear friend in frozen in a moment of pure disbelief and surprise?

.

.


.


.


Priceless.




Cue Britney Spears.

Ooops
I
did
it
again :)







Well, surprise surprise, dear Scotty!
You did not see this one coming eh?
Your wonderful wonderful wife Sandra and I started plans several weeks back and
were sooo lucky to get JC and Annina and Bastian into the planning phase of the surprise.
I say ,my dear friends, that it was indeed a success.
Thank you so much for making it all happen (and keeping it mum and staying cool and calm amidst all the giddy feelings inside of knowing)

He had no clue :)

Our wonderful hosts prepared a most excellent meal of a delectable squash soup followed by a delicious curry-based veggie dish of bellpeppers and apples from the Hiltl cookbook and yummy ice cream. Ooh la la.



It was absolutely divine.


My new bestfriends!
Muchisimas gracias, muchachos!
Yes, I would like some more wine please :)
Can I come visit you guys again?


After dinner we played around with rubber bands with dear Bastian and I tried teaching them how to create double-stars with a single band. It was something I learned as an urchin growing up and funny how it came into mind as I saw Bastian fiddling with his lovely next of bands.



Jumping into the tram, Scotty pointed out an uncanny passenger -- a Coke machine :)
Apparently with the FIFA games being held in Schweiz, the marketing folks are on full-bore.
With the shops closing, Sandra split to check out some shops while Scotty and I went to an electronics shop. Zilch.


So we hiked up to the Lindenhoff to have a gander at the fantastic gleaming city of Zurich. Whilst we were chatting, an older American gentleman came up to us and mentioned to Scotty the uncanny resemblance of his voice to someone he knows (friend? uncle?) He was so convinced of it. Apparently he has business in Schweiz and was enjoying his last day there. We bid him adieu as Sandra joined us and we merrily sauntered away.




We parked ourselves by the lake and had a grand ole chat. There were hundreds of folks who thought the same ;)

Dinner sometime?


So we hiked up the hill, passed the Google HQ (which has a bombastic layout), over the hill and over the dale to an indian restaurant called King's Kurry. Yup, you read that right. It looked quite unassuming outside but rumour has it that it is quite good. So without reservations we took the chance and got in! As soon as our mango lassis came with the custom "K" insignia on it, we knew this was really going to be a treat.


Food was oh so yummy. Got to come back :)

Not finished, we had to find dessert!
But where?

Ding, ding, ding! HILTL!
I cannot possibly leave Schweiz without visiting the HILTL!
So henceforth...


We had our just desserts.
Oh My God!



All in all, an absolutely fabulous day with another well-executed surprise on our dear ole buddy, Scotty. Methinks he is quite suspicious of anything now coming from me (or Sandra, or JC, or Annina). Bastian I think is immune but still suspect! In as much as he felt betrayed by all, deep down inside, he loved every moment of it.
We do care enough to surprise you when you least expect it, dear Sir.
We all love you so :)



This is truly what life is all about.

It is a box of chocolates ...

You never know what you are going to get!


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Thanks Dma!!!    



At 8:55 AM, Blogger juan carrillo said...

hey dennis! great post. and yes, that face of scott is priceless. i'm glad we were part of it. we'll be moving out in the next couple of weeks so, next time you'll visit us you'll come to a different apartment. take care! jc    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly