<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Prague please :)

Before I knew it, I was on a plane to Europe to visit clients and to present at our Sales Training meeting in Copenhagen.

First stopover...London


I am still not awake. Blimey airport! They shuttled me now to Terminal 5. Albeit nice, I hate boarding buses and going through security AGAIN!


Want a sportscar?

Caught my flight to ....


PRAGUE! This is Wenceslas Square.
Never would I have thought of being here.
But here I am visiting clients and getting paid for it!
So time to look around.




I lived off these sandwich stands. Food is cheap and good enough. Everybody spoke english so no hassle ordering. My I stuffed myself.


Sauntering around town, it was discombobulating to see a window display of exotic plants along side a Chinese takeout sign in Czech.

Did I say that people here were nice?
Very.


Turning a corner, I hit the famous celestial clock tower in this beautifully lit square with a church looming in the background. How magnificent. So much history preserved in the architecture. Such a sight.


I followed the signs to check out the ever famous Charles bridge...


How can one not fall in love with such a magnificent city --- so many beautiful things in every nook and cranny and they have been around for centuries! You can see Prague Castle lit up in the background.

Sunday (the next day) is a day for exploration...






This is a performance arts theater. Music is a big part of the culture here in Prague with lots of folks enticing us to come see a classical music performance at their theatre. I thought about it but really wanted to see a ballet. Unfortunately the season was over :(


This is a land of forsythia. The golden blooms were all over the city, lighting everything up.




I am simply in awe with this city as every turn I took always led me to something spectacular to see.




I found soft nougat!!!! HOMEMADE and sooo delicious! I got it from one of the stalls in this street market.


Nibbling on my nougat, I passed by a film crew setting up a winter scene. Boy it was already chilly and I was wanting some warmth!

Serendipitously en route to my hotel,


I ran across the Mucha museum! It was already closing but I managed to snag a huge poster of his work. Art Nouveau? Hell yes!

So next day was work...
Lunch at a "traditional" cafe...

Cuisine here is good and interesting. They love their potatoes and meat and some sort of mayo type sauce. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.


This is actually our office just outside of Prague! There are only 8 employees so they justified renting a house instead as it was cheaper and far more comfortable than an office space of cubicles. I kind of liked the idea.

After work I got a chance to look around town again and revisit the sites...






This was a plaque of a patron saint. If you touch it, it will guarantee you will return to Prague.
:) :) :)






The setting sun casted a beautiful glow to everything as I headed back to my hotel.
Interestingly enough, I caught a glimpse of home...


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly