<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Tokyo 2 Seoul....

So I have one day in Tokyo, what to do? Well, I figured I would head towards the Palace and visit Ginza and the Akihabara district again. Weather was so-so, overcast and drizzly, but being back in Japan bouyed me up as I will get a chance to catch up with some friends.


I love seeing such contrasts--an old wooden home in the middle of a concrete metropolis.
Not to mention, a shrine....long set of stairs here....



After a few prayers (for my Beb), I got a chance to play with the shrine's cat who LOVED being caressed. Best part of it was when it jumped into an empty water basin and started cuddling itself. Made it such a memorable visit.
Nuff said..
I thought this was Tokyo tower but I guess it was something else. It was impressive, towering above it all.
Can you find a cuter manhole?

These very cute bouquets caught my eye--Hello Kitty!
Oh yeah, this is THE time for sales in Asia. I almost got my arm chomped off by the marauding shoppers.

The Imperial Palace--which unfortunately was closed but the view was awesome.

Off to Akihabara or "Akiba" for short...the mecca for all things electronic and anime...a boy's paradise.
Then off to Shibuya to meet up with the crew...
Hiroshi and Mihoko! They even had a sign by the Hachiko monument (info here)! We went to a nice restaurant and chatted the night away. It was great to see them again.

Takashi was there too! He gave me a very cool figurine of Frodo Baggins--painted! He passed his exams so he will be off to naval training. It was great to see him get along with Mihoko and Hiroshi as it also definitely made chatting with each other easier and more fun.


Kanpai!
Like my sign?
Kanpai again!
I love these guys to pieces. I am so blessed to have them in my life and they are the very reason I truly enjoy visiting Tokyo. How can it be possible to meet them ever so briefly and have an amazing time with them at a drop of a hat? You guys are indeed the coolest.

Shinjuku at night
Now off to Seoul...a pic from the airport lounge with my laptop and snack.
Bye Japan

Hello "very empty" business class...
Now in chilly Seoul, went out for a walk after check-in.....like the club sign?
I love all these Asian food emporiums!


You need a map for this underground city.
Jackie Chan's restaurant
I walked to the COEX area which is this mall underground. It was huge. You could live here for months amidst threat of thermonuclear war---they got food, clothing, movies, games...oh la la...
and yes, the Koreans are very very serious about their video gaming....Warcraft anyone?

I have to admit that I am not too impressed by Seoul in the winter time--it was cold, bleary, and brown, not to mention horrendous traffic. Maybe things will change once the seasons change....but off to Taipei!!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly