<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/15018076?origin\x3dhttp://junjunjumps.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

JunJunJumps!

Days in the life of JunJun and Beb.... Since we noticed folks were getting whiplash trying to catch up with us, we figured freezing ourselves in time and space would be a good thing. Don't forget to surf the Archives! ;)
 

Gorgeous Gorgeous Vienna

I have never been to Vienna.

I have been to Salzburg and loved that city and I could only surmise how Vienna was going to be. From what people have told me, it is far far better. Needless to say I was quite excited to come visit for work! Fortunately, I got a day for myself to check out the town.





You guessed it -- another church :)



Got to sample the local fare. Would this be a Vienna sausage then?




I got a fish sandwich from Nordsee which reminded me of Copenhagen. Blech.
But I was in a munchy mood and not apt to go spelunking for fare so I ate it.
The Louis Vuitton window display caught my eye with the quirky writing on the bag.




Let it be official that I definitely think that Vienna is a beautiful city. It has lots of open spaces, beautiful architecture and incredible statuaries.




....and some interesting objet d'art ;)
I started to miss the trees but then I walked into a park filled with them and lots of folks laying out in the grass along side a street filled with horse-drawn carriages. Hmm, maybe when Beb is with me we'll go.

But my goal was the Museum quarter,


....to check out the world's largest collection of Egon Schiele. My goodness I was astounded and have become more of an admirer than I was before. The man was utterly talented and his work utterly haunting and inspirational. I loved it all. Thanks for the Schiele 101, Scotty!






Not far from the Museum Quarter was the Secession museum which housed Beethoven's Frieze by Gustav Klimt. It was incredible to see it in real life. Ok, so the books made it look larger than life with the color corrections and close-ups but seeing it for real gave me a fresher perspective. I love how they laid it out in the room. You enter this room downstairs and look up to view the frieze which encircled the tops of the walls. It was laid out so as to tell as story and also to commerate the triumph of the arts amongst all others.
Loved it.




So the day was gorgeous and I kept walking and walking...


...and I so happened upon the park to the Belvedere museum. There were lots of folks out and about touring or sitting on a bench whiling the day away.

Walking further...
I happened upon a group of folks entering this gateway to a garden...
So I followed...




The garden was a botanical garden but was now open with folks selling wares and plants. Lovely setting of floriferous plants and denizens idling by.




For a few dollars, I got some nibbles which I enjoyed in a small section of the garden. They had wine, cheeses, etc, and folks were just casually imbibing and nibbling away the sunny day. What a life!

Heading back into town (I realized I walked a LOT)...



I had to get some gelato :)


Back in the hotel, I got room service and reminisced of home.

The next day was work. Of course!
But again as soon as I was done, I was out the door....


Hmm, wonder what they are chatting about? The sweets?




Hun, I want these in our living room, OK?




I sauntered around the other side of Vienna and saw more amazing buildings and parks. This city has it definitely going on -- you can feel the love for the arts in everything.


Goodness, I love dogwood. Remember the pink ones in our home in the mountains?


Another thing I truly love about Vienna, the benches. There always seems to be a place to sit everytime you want to. I am tired. Oh, bench! I want to look at this statue. Oh, bench! I want to eat my dinner. Oh, bench! I guess for a trekker like myself it is such a treat.

I can't wait to come back. But, I am off!


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Scott said...

hey, nice pics of vienna. we just got back from there this evening. we are home tomorrow and then on tuesday we head off to paris for a few days. i told you you'd like vienna and the schieles! hope all is well.    



» Post a Comment
 
   





© 2006 JunJunJumps! | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly